EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-12 11:18:34
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Hasselblad X1D II firmware v 1.2.0. Lens firmware 0.5.40.
This page discusses the numerous design and usability issues with the Hasselblad X1D II. In general, I deem it one of the worst designs on the market with bottom-of-the-barrel haptics and usability. Not to mention time-wasting anti-design and bugs that have cost me some of my best images of the day.
I state the foregoing as a demonstrable fact for photographic work ranging far beyond my own working habits, having used nearly every significant 35mm and medium format camera for the past dozen years. I cannot think of any usage scenario in which the X1D II would be faster or more efficient that the Fujifilm GFX100 or Sony A7R IV or Nikon Z7, etc. In every respect it lags far behind in getting the job done.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.