EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 06:51:02
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Long Exposures (Hasselblad XCD 38/2.5)
This page presents various long exposures at ISO 64 on the Hasselblad X2D 100C.
Focusing in dim light with the Hasselblad X2D is quite good. The X2D appears to be doing active noise reduction in magnified Live View, which helps with focusing.
The X2D apparently lacks a long exposure noise reduction option (nothing in camera, nothing in manual with firmware zzz), which leads to hot pixels with some images, even at ISO 64,
Aspen, late dusk, 38/2.5
Outstanding quality with this 45-second exposure. Few or no hot pixels.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Medium Format covers medium format camera systems, including the Hasselblad X1D and Fujifilm GFX.
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.