EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-10-02 11:54:31
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
First pass / rough cut, Oct 10 2022, firmware version 1.0.0, lens firmware 1.1.0.
Please notify me if I have overlooked a solution to any of the issues noted here.
This page discusses the numerous usability and anti-feature issues with operating the Hasselblad X2D.
After 5+ years of the Hasselblad X1D and Hasselblad 1D II, Hasselblad has released a camera that lags just about very camera on the market in terms of features and usability.
Hasselblad has done little if anything to address the operating shortcomings of its predecessors. My biggest gripes are the lack of a 4-way controller and a dedicated focus point selection button, because these greatly speed up things like scrolling (Live View, image review) and fast AF point selection.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.