EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-08-15 17:40:20
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
This series assesses overall image quality at a moderate distance using a finely detailed subject (bleached log and plants) from f/3.5 through f/11.
Bleached Log In Creek in Green Forest
Adobe Camera Raw 10.5.0.1001. View ACR settings. Camera Profile = Camera Standard. Shadows opened up to see more detail under the log and similar.
Diffraction mitigating sharpening used for f/11 (minimal).
This is a deceptively high dynamic range image: dark shadows to glow-in-the-dusk bleached wood—exposure was a near-perfect ETTR exposure that is within 1/2 stop of the limits of the dynamic range of the X1D.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.