EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-06-22 10:52:02
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
This series looks at performance with the Hasselblad XCD 21mm f/4 when focused at moderate range on a scene with a deep near/far range. The scene posed a challenge because of the immediate foreground being so close and yet the creek and environs being much farther away. Only a very highly corrected ultra wide can pull it all together with depth of field gains close to the theoretical.
Also evaluated is secondary color, in particular on the bleached out-of-focus wood in the foreground.
Rock Creek, S Curve
Adobe Camera Raw 10.5.0.1001. View ACR settings. Camera Profile = Camera Standard.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.