EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-08-24 01:14:24
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
For a general understanding of format equivalence, see Format-Equivalent Depth of Field and F-Stop.
The about $3750 Hasselblad XCD 21mm f/4 (21.8mm actual) is equivalent to a 17.9mm f/3.3 as compared to a 35mm full frame camera (long dimension of frame). Its field of view might be unmatched (as of August 2018) for medium format which has long suffered from not very wide angle lenses.
- Hasselblad X System
- Aperture Range: f/4to f/32
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Central Lens Shutter, 1/2000 Sec Sync
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.05 ft / 32 cm
- Internal Focusing with MF Override
- Front Filter Thread: 77mm
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.