EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-08-15 23:13:23
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This page looks at veiling flare of the Hasselblad XCD 35-75mm f/3.5-4.5 when shot towards the sun. All images used the lens hood, no filters were used, and the lens was spotlessly clean.
Unshaded = lens hood attached but no other protection
Shaded = lens hood attached, hand blocking direct sunlight from striking from of lens.
Identical exposure and processing for shaded/unshaded images.
Flare @ 75mm
The Hasselblad XCD 35-75mm f/3.5-4.5 delivers unacceptable veiling flare when shooting towards the sun (sun outside frame) unless extra precautions are taken to shield the front element from direct sunlight.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.