EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-12-02 01:00:03
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
For a general understanding of format equivalence, see Format-Equivalent Depth of Field and F-Stop.
The about $1099 Hasselblad XCD 45mm f/4 P (actual focal length 46.2mm) is a a moderate speed mild wide angle lens, equivalent to a 38mm f/3.2 as compared to a 35mm full frame camera (long dimension of frame).
At 2/3 the weight and notably more compact and only 1/3 stop slower than the Hasselblad XCD 45mm f/3.5, it might ha have considerable appeal for many Hasselblad shooters.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.