EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-08-15 23:10:12
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This aperture series from f/2.8 through f/9 evaluates mid-range to far-distance performance of the Hasselblad XCD 65mm f/2.8 including sharpness and overall performance and with special note of the aperture required for full edge-to-edge-sharpness.
Includes images up to full camera resolution.
Meysan Lake Meadow
I did the 5600 vertical foot ascent with a friend (usual gate locked, had to hike from 6200') and climbed all the way to 11600'. My friend stayed the night and later told me he had the best sunrise he had ever seen. I descended and arrived back at 10 PM, feeling very uncomfortable (hike is nearly as hard as Mt Whitney from Whitney Portal), with sore legs that lasted for days (cycling legs are not hiking legs!). The bugs were not yet out but the frogs were going bonkers. This whole meadow was on the verge of being verdant green within days, with shoots everywhere right at the height of the dead last-season grass.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.