EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-08-24 16:39:29
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
Given the close range focus shift behavior of the Hasselblad XCD 90mm f/3.2, I wanted to discover whether there were any similar challenges at distance.
Yellow House at Dusk, Viewed Across a Green Meadow
Adobe Camera Raw 126.96.36.1992. View ACR settings. Exposure and white balance were tweaked for each image due to variations in exposure and color—unclear why.
Exposures: f/3.2 @ 1.4 sec, f/6.3 @ 8 sec, f/9 @ 16 sec.
This image was shot at dusk with very blue light. Often I leave the bluish cast in, but here I just liked the warm feel—and I was very impressed that color correcting with a white balance of 7650°K yielded such a natural-looking image—this can be hard to do with many cameras.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.