EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 19:03:51
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
Aperture Series: Mosaic
This far-distance subject is one of the most demanding of all because it is planar (flat) and with very fine detail. Any lens deviation such as symmetry or field curvature pops out instantly as a flaw.
Adobe Camera Raw 188.8.131.522. View ACR settings.
Diffraction mitigating sharpening used for f/11 (minimal), f/16 (aggressive).
The camera was tilted slightly upward, so wide open the could be minor influences on sharpness at top and bottom.
Distortion is nearly zero—bravo!
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Medium Format covers medium format camera systems, including the Hasselblad X1D and Fujifilm GFX.
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.