EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-08-15 23:51:18
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
The Rolleiflex Hy6 Mod2 takes a digital back or film back (“Hy” = Hybrid).
With the leaf shutter found in many of the lsnes, flash sync to 1/1000 second is available, not to mention the very low vibration of a leaf shutter, ideal for some tripod-based shooting with the mirror locked up.
Like all medium format cameras as of mid 2014, true Live View and EVF are features not to be found. There are several different viewfinders, your author’s favorite being the very bright “chimney finder” where one looks down onto the groundglass (reversed image as with a view camera). The other viewfinders offer different angles and with an upright image, but they are not quite as bright. Swapping is easy and fast.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.