EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-03-24 15:21:53
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
The Rollei APO-Symmar 90mm f/4 Makro PQS is a short telephoto macro lens equivalent to a ~60mm lens on a full frame sensor (as shot here on the Leaf back).
Shot on the Hy6 Mod2 using the 80-megapixel Leaf Aptus II 12 digital back utilizing a 53.7 X 40.3mm CCD sensor and producing 10320 X 7752 pixel images.
The sensor area is thus 2.5X as large as with a 35mm frame, but with a 4:3 aspect ratio. Using the frame diagonal, the format ratio to a 36 X 24mm sensor is 1.55X, or 1.49X if the long side of the frame is chosen instead.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.