EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-01-24 11:09:59
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
When your author tested the original Leica S (more than one camera body, including proof of the behavior problems while a Leica representative observed firsthand), its autofocus was found to be error prone*.
The Leica S Typ 006 (“S006”) may perform better with autofocus than the original Leica S according to some Leica S users, but the S006 performance proved appallingly error-prone in the field in a 4-day July 2015 outing.
* Leica never did follow up on the DNG files provided, an integrity issue your author finds troubling to this day.
See Accuracy and Precision; those terms used here in the scientific sense.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.