EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-01-19 10:23:35
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
These notes based on four (4) days of intensive field use from dawn to dusk in the Eastern Sierra and White Mountains areas. The camera used was a loaner, but a photo tour client had a brand-new S system with four lenses for cross checking.
Both cameras utilized firmware 188.8.131.52, which was the latest version as of late July 2015. All lenses used by your author were also updated. Ditto for the client’s system, except for his 24/3.5, which failed repeatedly to update as noted below.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.