EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-01-22 16:24:39
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
Just as with Canon or Nikon, you can forget about accurate exposures in daylight situations with contrast.
The S2 overexposed in a variety of situations. One example is shown below. This is why I almost always shoot with manual exposure on Canon, Nikon and Leica M9.
I do not consider this a flaw with the S2 per se, because Nikon and Canon have similar issues. Nor do I have enough data to characterize the exposure accuracy in general with many different exposures. But experience so far shows a tendency to overexpose.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.