EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-08-24 16:37:37
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
These examples were shot Dec 14, 2010 using a Leica S2 with beta firmware that allegedly improves focus behavior.
A Leica USA representative accompanied me while I shot a variety of scenes with the S2. In the space of 40 minutes, I demonstrated the backfocus error repeatedly and consistently using the 70mm f/2.5. The images here and many mor have been sent to Leica Germany. In all cases, the failure of the S2 to focus properly (backfocus) can be repeated at will. Can this be fixed? Will it be fixed? That remains to be seen.
All examples shot on a tripod with mirror lockup.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.