EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-28 04:07:04
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
Comments from readers, and my thoughts in response/addition.
Comments from Roger D July 8, 2010
Comments and response here are prior to my receiving the S2 for review.
Most S2 tests have stirred up some very heated debate on the forums (GETdpi,LL and LUF). There are three areas of considerable debate two of which are pretty easy to follow and one where there is little consensus .
1. Most Pros require a full system of lenses ,accessories etc and benefit from ability to buy used ,rent or use legacy equipment they already own. A pro currently using a HB or Phase MF system would rarely choose a S2 as an alternative to HB or Phase. The switching costs are prohibitive for most pros and serious amateurs.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.