EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-01-20 08:26:59
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
How does the 24 megapixel Nikon D3x stack up on the mosaic test against the 37.5 megapixels of the Leica S2, where depth of field is not a factor?
Be sure to also see the next page, which performs this same comparison using deconvolution sharpening.
ISO and focus
The base ISO of each camera was used here, ISO 160 for the Leica S2, and ISO 100 for the D3x.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.