EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-03-21 14:14:09
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
The 37.5 megapixel Leica S2 medium format DSLR is Leica’s late 2009/2010 offering— the most advanced Leica camera ever, and a “big brother” to the Leica M9 rangefinder. At about $22995, it’s a camera for pros or others who want top image quality in a DSLR package.
On July 12, I received a brand-new evaluation unit of the S2 from B&H Photo, along with an evaluation and apparently brand-new 70mm f/2.5 lens from Leica. See my handy wish list of S2 bodies and lenses.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.