EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-14 15:44:20
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
Performance at infinity and close range is very similar over most of the frame, but at close range the lens performance notably better to peripheral areas.
Wide open performance near or far is superb over most of the frame with f/5.6 bringing outstanding performance at close range even to the corners.
At infinity focus, the corners will suffer; some of this may be field curvature and some lens performance. Stop down to f/8 when focused at medium or far distance, though the corners may still remain visibly less good than most of the frame.
For a medium format lens covering a 45 X 30mm sensor, this is a world-class performance.
The increased astigmatism seen at closer range suggests that color fringing may appear at times.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.