EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-01-28 08:15:18
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
This series shot at late day about 30 minutes before sunset. The contrast range is extreme (sunlight to shaded canyon) and the S006 CCD sensor can just barely handle this contrast range—so the bright sky is just slightly blown (according to RawDigger) and the foreground quite dark; it required a substantial shadow boost and push to bring up.
This series is designed to assess medium to far field performance along with the ability to sharpen up a near foreground with some stopping down.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.