EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-06 17:36:39
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
Vignetting is shown for both infinity focus and close-range focus (toggle to compare).
At infinity focus, vignetting is low, about a stop and a half into the corners. Stopping down reduces vignetting to minimal levels, about half a stop.
At close-range focus, vignetting is further reduced to about one stop wide open.
This is an excellent performance for a super wide angle, particularly for medium format.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.