EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-01-26 19:49:43
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
This scene evaluates the Leica 30-90mm at 30mm. Autofocus was used on the green grass near center, and it did a find job deciding, delivering accurate focus.
Equivalent f-stop for depth of field
As compared to 35mm full frame, the Leica S sensor is 1.25X larger linearly (45 X 30 mm vs 36 X 24 mm), so the equivalent f-number factor for depth of field is 1.25X.
f/3.5 ~= f/2.8 on 35mm
f/5.6 ~= f/4.5 on 35mm
f/8 ~= f/6.4 on 35mm
f/11 ~= f/8.8 on 35mm
f/13.5 ~= f/10.8 on 35mm
f/16 ~= f/12.8 on 35mm
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.