EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-01-26 20:30:56
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
This scene evaluates the Leica 30-90mm at 90mm. A scene with a great deal of near/far material was chosen to give an idea of out of focus rendition, control of color aberrations, etc.
At 90mm, there is not a lot of usage flexibility: maximum aperture is a very dark and non-versatile f/5.6. Still, the Leica S Typ 006 autofocus was used on the green grass near center, and it delivered highly accurate focus.
Grass Clumps on Boulders in Pescadero Creek
Adobe Camera Raw 8.8.0 (397). ACR settings. Camera Profile = Embedded. No lens corrections used.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.