EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-28 03:20:04
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
The Leica 30mm f/2.5 Summarit-S ASPH is widest lens for the S2 as of November 2011, equivalent in field of view to a 24mm lens on a full-frame 36X24mm DSLR.
Leica states that the 30/2.8 Elmarit-S offers “extremely low distortion”, which to me means less than 0.5% distortion, but to Leica might mean up to 2%. No distortion graph is provided.
Its wide angle of view opens up a multitude of new opportunities in creative composition, particularly in the fields of interior, architectural and landscape photography.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.