EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-01-26 19:55:19
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
This series shot in high-altitude mountain shade just before sunset, with the glow from the still-sunlit peaks reflecting off the water of the creek.
Taken at medium range, it gives a good look at sharpness across the field, and the mild field curvature happens to work out well for the scene. However, this series is more about the rendering style and feel of the image than a sharpness assessment.
Last Warm Glow On Creek
Adobe Camera Camera Raw 9.1 (441). ACR settings. Camera Profile = Embedded. No lens corrections were used.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.