EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-01-26 19:40:43
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Distortion is very similar at infinity focus and close focus.
At infinity focus, there is a predominant barrel distortion reversing to very mild pincushion distortion into the corners (“wave type” distortion).
At close range, the distortion is barrel distortion, reducing to no distortion into the corners.
At either focusing distance, this is a very low level of distortion that would need correcting only for architectural photography or simliar applications where exact linearity is needed.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.