EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-01-26 20:07:01
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
The Leica 70mm f/2.5 Summarit-S ASPH is the standard lens for the S2, equivalent to a 56mm lens on a full-frame 36X24mm DSLR.
The 70/2.5 is also the most compact lens of the line, and one wonders whether Leica might eventually offer a similar focal length at f/2 or faster, since f/2.5 doesn’t allow as much equivalent background blur as an 85mm f/1.2 lens on a 35mm DSLR.
As the MTF charts show, performance by f/5.6 is world-class. Real world images should have a snap and sparkle that few lenses can offer. Stopping down a little is definitely worthwhile.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.