EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-06-22 11:08:49
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
For 3 weeks in August, I shot the Fujifilm GFX100 extensively in the field. The GFX100 delivered the finest images I have ever obtained from a digital camera, and I’ve been shooting the best cameras for over a decade now. I was thrilled with the results and worked the GFX100 hard, feeling rewarded like never before. What an opportunity to capture images never before possible with such ease!
The 100 megapixel sensor resolution is impressive by itself, but the reality is that when depth of field and field curvature and diffraction are taken into account, captured detail is only a fraction of the 100MP figure. So I pushed the actual level of detail far beyond what can ordinarily be captured by using focus stacking to create images sharp from right in front of the camera all the way to the distance. See the FOCUS BKT feature of the Fujifilm GFX100 in my review of the GFX100 in diglloyd Medium Format, as well as general tips on how to shoot and process focus stacked images in diglloyd Making Sharp Images.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.