EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-08-16 00:11:54
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
All examples take with the new Sekor 80mm f/2.8D .
Most examples present here are sharpened at Radius=2, Intensity=3, Smoothing=4. A few use slightly stronger sharpening. Please see the Sharpening in Leaf Capture page to understand the variations. No particular attempt was made to post-process these images—a few basic settings in Leaf Capture and that was it.. Images reprocessed in Jan 2017 using the latest Adobe Camera Raw.
This example demonstrates the outstanding detail possible with the Mamiya DL28. Lighting was a bit unusual this day, and as a result it’s hard to comment on color rendition.
With a slight haze in the air, the distant tower is slightly lower contrast. Also, one must not assume that f/11 necessarily yielded maximal sharpness front to back. Focus was about 1/3 from left, under the peak of the roof line.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.