EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-02 11:55:44
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
The Pentax HD DA 28-45mm f/4.5 ED AW SR is equivalent to a 23-36mm lens on a full frame DSLR (long frame dimension). The f/4.5 maximum aperture is very slow (dark), which keeps the size and weight down, but means that autofocus is nearly impossible at dusk (as field shooting shows).
While 28-45mm complements the Pentax 45-85mm f/4.5 in focal length terms, the longer 45-85mm zoom does not reach for the same quality level; the 28-45mm represents the best efforts for the Pentax digital camera; the 25mm f/4.5 and the 90mm f/2.8 being good companions.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.