EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-10-02 00:03:29
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
See also the full aperture series of this scene.
When I set out to make this example, I worried that the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L zoom (as a zoom) would not be a fair fight against the Pentax-D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL[IF] SDM AW. I need not have worried.
DFA 55/2.8 = Pentax-D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL[IF] SDM AW
There are several goals in this comparison:
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.