EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-03-24 15:24:36
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
This page is the original page as created in 2010. These examples were reprocessed in April 2014 to show UltraHD size with the latest ACR.
These examples were shot the very first day even before I had a chance to fully charge the battery. For most of these images, the lighting was very blue, deep in a canyon late in the day, so white balance was a guessing game.
DFA 55/2.8 = Pentax-D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL[IF] SDM AW
RAW file processing
Images have been minimally processed (exposure, white balance, sharpening, slight contrast change), unless noted, using Adobe Camera RAW in Photoshop CS5 (ACR) 6.3.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.