EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-09-19 15:10:26
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
The 39.5 megapixel 7264 x 5440 Pentax 645D breaks new ground in both price and functionality for the medium format market.
Pricing and system
At about $9995, the 645D costs only 43% as much as the Leica S2. While not as elegant and compact as the S2, its usability is higher, and it has a raft of superior features over the S2, such as an LCD with twice the resolution, the ability to zoom in and pan images quickly and easily, many more useful buttons, and most of the features you’d expect from a 35mm DSLR.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.