EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-01-17 01:16:57
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This page is an addendum to the matched comparison. Please see that page for all the details.
The goal here is to compare actual pixels from each camera using the same processing settings.
- Sharpening dialed down to Amount = 40 for both (suitable for further sharpening).
- Brightness (luminance) matched to within one point on the white gown of angel Faith.
- JPEGS saved at near lossless quality.
- ProPhotoRGB color space to preserve the full gamut in the crops with the golden tiles.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.