EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-08-18 16:54:55
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
UPDATE 06 Feb 2016: this bug seems to be fixed with firmware 1.21.
However, there is another “card not formatted” problem: if the card is not ejected from the computer / car reader, then the 645Z will not operate with that card unless it is formatted, or reinserted into the computer and eject. The 645Z seems sensitive to some trivial marker value, because the card file system can be checked and be shown to be free of any issues.
The practical problem is that on Apple OS X El Capitan, the Finder not only takes excessively long to eject a card, it is not actually unmounted until a few seconds after the icon disappears—so it is all too easy to create a situation in which the 645Z bards. No other camera has this absurdly touchy problem.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.