EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-08-18 16:22:37
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
This page captures a few problem points with the Pentax 645Z.
In general, the Pentax designers did an outstanding job; your author picked up the camera and was using it within 5 minutes without even cracking the manual. Things like mirror lockup are better done than any other camera, period.
July 2014: Three times within an hour, the 645Z took the image, but failed to record it! No file found on either camera cards. Plenty of battery power and the subsequent image recorded fine.
UPDATE 06 Feb 2016: 645Z firmware 1.21: with two Lexar 2000X 64GB SDXC cards in the camera, both remained completely empty after shooting 10 frames. Removing and reinserting the cards resulted in a “Card Error”. Removing and reinserting the cards, both cards were reformatted (for the 2nd time) and then the camera began recording images.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.