EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-02-28 07:56:51
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
The Pentax 90mm f/2.8 D FA 645 Macro ED AW SR is a macro lens, but with some stopping down it delivers very high image quality corner to corner, for landscape use and similar.
Shot on the Pentax 645Z at ISO 100. Its 50-megapixel sensor reveals that the lens or the sensor can be the limiting factor, depending on aperture and where in the frame one looks.
Thunderstorms over Pine Creek
Mirror lockup with 2 second self timer used.
f-stop: 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 16
shutter: 1/500, 1/250, 1/125, 1/60, 1/30, 1/15
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.