EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-03-24 15:21:04
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
The Pentax 90mm f/2.8 D FA 645 Macro ED AW SR is put to work here at distance on a very demanding planar target with very fine details.
Images shot in DNG format on the Pentax 645Z, which is able to show its stuff here because the 90/2.8 delivers a very high image quality over the entire frame by f/5.6.
Mirror lockup with 2 second self timer used.
f-stop: 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 16, 22
shutter: 1/160, 1/80, 1/40, 1/20, 1/10, 1/5, 1/3
Some minor brightness adjustments were made. f11 in particular tends to be off by 1/10 stop as compared to f/8, seen also in the dolls comparison.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.