EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-03-24 15:23:40
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
How good is the manual focus Pentax-A 200mm f/4? My first attempt was met with abject failure, since I found it impossible to focus accurately either by eye, or using the autofocus assist function.
I returned to this scene another day when the lighting was brighter, and I worked hard (by eye) to get just-right focus. The results follow below.
This is the entire frame as shot, crops follow.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.