EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-03-24 15:24:18
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
The 35mm focal length on the 645D is equivalent to about 28mm, providing a welcome wider angle view than the 45mm on up lenses (the new Pentax 25mm will be even wider).
Can the Pentax FA 35mm f/3.5 be focused easily?
Yes. Using the Zeiss 3X loupe, I found that I could focus it accurately on this scene (4 series shot and checked).
The f/3.5 aperture is helpful (as compared to f/4 or f/4.5). However, the lens has very little focus “throw”, so fine adjustments require some care.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 27 cents a day ($100/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.