EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-08-18 15:20:56
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
I’m showing only the f/11 results on this page, because I have no means of verifying focus, with the f/4.5 - f/8 results showing some haze suggesting that focus might have been off just a bit. Since most users of an f/4.5 lens are concerned with what is possible at f/11, that will have to do, because I was not successful with focusing in achieving better wide-open focus.
The Pentax SMC FA 45-85 has superior performance to the Pentax-A 45mm f/2.8, which cannot deliver sharp edges or corners.
See also the full-width crops for each aperture further below.
Test scene is the same mosaic as the other tests.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.