EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-08-24 01:14:01
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Careful lens selection will allow getting as close to 40 megapixels as possible.
The table below captures some options for Pentax 645 lenses and related items.
Equivalent focal lengths vs 35mm DSLRs
The aspect ratio of the Pentax 645D is 4:3, so there is no correct focal length equivalent for a 3:2 DSLR.
The diagonal equivalent is the traditional metric, but is least useful in terms of making images; I think in terms of the horizontal span, but some photographers think in terms of the vertical span. Which is more useful depends on what types of prints you tend to make (e.g., 16 X 20 or 16 X 24). The differences are not large no matter which approach you take.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.