EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-06-24 15:06:42
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This page discusses repeated file corruption problems in-camera with the Phase One IQ4. I experienced file corruption issues on at least three different day over the course of a week. Each time my images were toast, the light of the moment lost, never again to be replicable (this is outdoor shooting, where nothing happens twice). Such losses are troubling for any camera. The question is whether the fault lies with the IQ4, or elsewhere.
To be clear about what follows: I cannot rule out that the XQD card is bad somehow and that there is no fault with the IQ4. That said, the Sony 2556GB XQD has performed well for me in many cameras and never shown a read or write error when tested in its full capacity.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.