EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-06 17:39:08
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
This aperture series look at performance of the Schneider Kreuznach LS 150mm f/2.8 at relatively close distance on a 3D subject from f/2.8 through f/11.
Includes images up to full 150MP camera resolution (14204 X 10652) from f/2.8 through f/11, plus crops.
Cottonwood Tree Glowing in Winter Shade
Lit by sunlit cliffs on the opposite canyon wall, this gnarled old cottonwood tree has seen many a winter.
I tried using Adobe Camera Raw Enhance Details, but I was not happy with the gridline artifacts introduced in out of focus background areas just like with so many other cameras. Enhance Details really is not ready for prime time if it cannot do its job on the finest image quality available. I use it selectively, but less and less due to such artifacts.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.