EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-08-16 00:15:50
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
For a general understanding of format equivalence, see Format-Equivalent Depth of Field and F-Stop. For specific information on full-frame 645 equivalences, see PhaseOne IQ4 Format Equivalent Focal Length, F-Stop, Depth of Field.
The Schneider Kreuznach LS 40-80mm f/4-5.6 is a mid-range zoom for Phase One full-frame 645 digital backs. It is equivalent to a 27-54mm f/2.7-3.8 as compared to a 35mm full frame camera (long dimension of frame).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.