EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-03-01 04:37:01
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
This aperture series look at performance of the Schneider Kreuznach LS 80mm f/2.8 on a landscape scene at very far distance. The $65K question given the Phase One IQ4 system is what aperture to use to make use of the fabulous 150MP sensor.
I had wished for beautiful warm light at dusk, but the reality is that this 'blue' scene with a “blue line” lens is a severe challenge for any camera, and is thus a win in seeing what camera and lens can do under difficult conditions—blue light of low contrast.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.