EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-03-01 04:52:02
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
These examples in the Death Valley area.
Includes images up to full 151MP camera resolution (14204 X 10652). Also includes 100 megapixel downsampled variants for perspective versus Fujifilm GFX100.
Last Chance Wash
This 14-shot focus stack took over 6 minutes, with exposure time of 20 seconds per frame. The Phase One IQ4 made it longer than necessary by doing dark frames at random intervals for some of the images of the sequence, good for a tiny improvement in image quality, but bad when the light is failing. Later frames captured very different white balance and tint from the first frame and needed adjustment, which I made (crudely, too time consuming). The first frame was pushed 0.5 stops, with the last frame pushed 2.66 stops—not ideal, but I used the IQ4 focus stacking feature in manual exposure mode and such is the falloff in brightness in just 6 minutes at dusk. There was a mild downhill downdraft which moves the brush, causing blur there.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.