EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-04-24 02:00:43
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
The Sigma DP Merrill cameras are unusual, and one worthy of praise for the exceptional image sharpness they offer. Surely it has a place in the bag of many shooters who might not even be aware of it simply because of the amazing per-pixel sharpness in uch a compact form factor.
With a 28mm option (DP1 Merrill) and 45mm option (DP2 Merill), most photographer scenarios can be handled. The DP3 Merrill with its 75mm lens extends that reach.
The cost is quite reasonable for the image quality delivered by the camera, and with discounts the cost has dropped towards the $799 range several times in late 2012/2013. At that price, the sharpness is unequalled by anything in its price range.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless offers comprehensive integrated coverage of most APS-C and full frame mirrorless cameras and lenses.
Special emphasis is placed on Sony full-frame, including Sony lenses and the high performance Zeiss Batis and Zeiss Loxia lenses plus Rokinon/Samyang and others. Fujifilm X, Olympus and Panasonic M4/3, Sigma dp Merrill and dp/sd Quattro are also covered in depth. Years in the making, it offers a wealth of material for choosing and using a mirrorless camera.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. For example, the best way to set up your Sony camera.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly with the numerous lenses available for Sony.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Sony.